Thursday, March 8, 2012

DIY Wall Art

This is a project that I did a long time ago when my husband and I were first married and lived in an apartment. I needed some inexpensive art for above our sofa. As you know, I love Pottery Barn, and while looking for some inspiration, I saw this wall art in a Pottery Barn catalog:


 My first thought was, "I could do that, and I bet it wouldn't cost that much." So I went to a thrift store and found a bunch of old frames. I purchased three modern frames from Target for the letters. Then, my very crafty husband made a large frame out of some inexpensive moulding from Home Depot. I painted the frames, printed off a few random letters on cardstock and voila! This is what I got...


It's not Pottery Barn perfect, but I think it turned out pretty good, and the best part is it only cost me around $40. It was just the right size piece I needed for over my sofa, and it's unique so it was always a conversation piece. So here is what our apartment living room looked like.



I bought inexpensive pillows and curtains so that when we moved I wouldn't feel bad about not using them if they didn't fit with our next place.



Apartment decorating can be fun and inexpensive. You just need to get a little creative sometimes.

10 comments:

Online Front said...

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may be helpful in future.
Our Services:
Digital marketing Company
SMM Services
PPC Ads Services
PPC Services in Delhi
Our Partners:
Gas stove repair

MonahanStudio said...

I was impressed by your writing. I would love to hear about your needs and complete a painting for you. Visit Us! to Know about Gift Box Sets
.

Mark Spencer said...

This is a really decent site post. Not very numerous individuals would really, the way you simply did. I am truly inspired that there is such a great amount of data about this subject have been revealed and you've put forth a help with hnd assignment valiant effort, with so much class. On the off chance that needed to know more about green smoke surveys, than by all methods come in and check our stuff.

Ethan Henry said...

Found an interesting wordpress developer for hire blog on Ldninjas.com, it was knowledgeable.

hameedudhaaam said...

If we are going to talk about murals, it is a harsh reality that there are people who do not appreciate artworks like this. I fell bad, but there is less that I can do; I want them to realize that murals are beautiful and worth appreciating. But I simply don't know where to start. Sometimes, I think of writing as my way to influence people to appraiser things that assignment helper uk should be appreciated. I don't know if that is going to be effective, but I want to give it a try.

Thomas55 said...

"I could do that," I reasoned, "and I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much." So I went to a secondhand store and discovered a collection of vintage frames. For the lettering, I bought Cheap Assignment Help three trendy frames from Target.

Unknown said...

Find your post amusing to read. I would like to share with you a new article that is about the spacebar test that helps users to measure or calculate their hit per second in a given time frame. If you want to calculate your speed of hitting the. Visit and find out more.

Thomas55 said...

After finishing it, I was incredibly amazed. I would like to read more articles of the same kind. Many thanks!
Visit How To Crowdfund Your Undergraduate Degree?

John Hardy said...

Wow! This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. Thanks for sharing this blog. Now it's time to avail Custom Kraft Boxes for more information.

Gary sobers said...

Please share some more ideas in this article. Keep me updated in this article. Nice information is shared in this article. Now its time to avail limousine service Dublin ca for more information.